Legal obligations of the publisher of a website
The editor of a website is responsible for its content. Allowing comments on a site does not exempt a minimum of responsibility on their contents. He is required to moderate if not a priori, at least a posteriori, when a contentious case arises.
The backpacker books editor reserves the right to take the necessary measures to prevent the publication of illegal comments on its website.
Freedom of expression
"The free communication of thoughts and opinions is one of the most precious rights of man, Any citizen may therefore speak, to write, print freely, subject to responsibility for the abuse of this freedom in the cases determined by law. »
Declaration of Human Rights and of the Citizen 1789
However freedom of expression is not an absolute right and several limitations applicable to it by the French laws.
Content type sanctioned by French law
- Any defamatory or insulting
- Incitement to discrimination, hatred or violence against a person or group of people because of :
- their place of origin, ethnicity, or lack of ethnicity, nationality or a specific religion
- sex, sexual orientation or disability
- statements justifying or relativize the crimes against humanity